- One More Time...Okay, I promised no more posts about the convention, but I just had to point out the best convention wrap-up yet: Tild's latest issue of DFL Confidential. To heck with Hatch - - endorse Rick!
- Crimeny...Former FDA chief: Agency meant to OK Plan B
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration had intended to allow over-the-counter sales of Plan B last year but delayed the move while determining how to limit those sales to women 17 and older — a process that should have wrapped up by now, the agency's former chief testified.Uh huh. Couldn't figure out how to age restrict sales, huh? How about...let's see...check their ID's? You know, like they already do for beer, cigarettes, ephedrine, butane lighters and seemingly half the other products in the store now? Hey, maybe I should get a cushy FDA job. I think good. Or maybe there was really another reason for all these delays? I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but sometimes it's hard not to.
- I didn't know Ron Carey's hyperbole was catching...Mitch Berg in his own words:
Lately, a number of [liberals] have gotten upset that conservatives are holding Amy "A-Klo" Klobuchar accountable for the hellhole of crime that Minneapolis has become.The horror...the horror...
- Can we panic yet...I just started reading A Brief History of Time last night and then this shows up in today's paper:
Physicist Stephen Hawking says humans must spread out in space to survive
HONG KONG — The survival of the human race depends on its ability to find new homes elsewhere in the universe because there's an increasing risk that a disaster will destroy Earth, world-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking said Tuesday.Aaaiiiieee!!!
- Did you know...That the special election to replace "Duke" Cunningham is still not certified? It appears to be true. And what the heck? They sent the voting machines home with the poll workers? Question for anyone out there who has ever worked as an election judge-is that as messed up as it sounds? Or is that standard operating procedure?
- New Bob Dylan Album coming...Modern Times will be out this August. Nothing to say about that other than, yay!
- Managing Expectations...Is anyone else amused by all the talk of the "great week" Bush has been having? What's one of the reasons this is such a great week? Rove isn't going to jail. Is it just me or is the Bush White House starting to resemble an episode of Titus? (Does anybody remember that show?)